Please note this admin email is not monitored, and is unable to accept environmental reporting.

See below for details on how to report environmental incidents

Reporting environmental incidents: who to report to?

Local Authorities (reporting via NECL)

Call the National Environmental Complaints Line (NECL) to log an environmental complaint to your local council: FreePhone 1800 365 123 (24-hour/seven days per week)

Environmental Protection Agency

Call the EPA on Lo Call Number:  0818 33 55 99 (24-hour/seven days per week)

Inland Fisheries Ireland

To report illegal fishing, water pollution or invasive species, phone IFI on 0818 34 74 24

National Parks & Wildlife Service

To report incident within an SAC or other protected area phone NPWS on (01) 888 3200

Forestry Service

To report illegal tree felling, phone 053 9163425 (or email

Note: where tree felling is taking place under a valid tree felling licence, a site notice should be visible at the entrance to the site to inform the public.

Complain in confidence

When you make a complaint about an environmental issue, you will be asked to give your name and contact details. These are “personal data” under the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation or GDPR. This means that your personal details will not be published or made available in any publicly accessible form.