Published on 4 February 2022
The Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine has a range of forestry priorities for 2022. This includes the delivery of a new Forest Strategy and Forestry programme, which involves:
- The ongoing implementation of the recommendations in Project Woodland.
- The administration of forestry schemes and payments to landowners.
- The implementation of wider Government policy including the Climate Action Plan.
- Amendment of Forestry Act 2014 and development of related initiatives to facilitate small scale tree – planting.
- The implementation work around Brexit and export certification.
- The essential work on Forest Reproductive Material (FRM) and our plant health control and checks.
- The publication of data in the National Forest Inventory by end of 2022.
- Administration of and participation in the COFORD Council working groups and reports.
- Servicing Ireland’s international and EU forestry obligations.
- Defending the Department’s decisions at the Forestry Appeals Committee.