Advises Minister on the implementation of the regulations, and collaborates on addressing significant issues as they arise.
The current membership of the group includes:
– Department of Housing, Local Government and Heritage, (Chair)
– the Health Service Executive,
– the Environmental Protection Agency,
– Water Safety Ireland,
– An Taisce,
– Local Authorities, and
– Irish Water.
The key functions of the Bathing Water Expert Group are as follows:
– Advise Minister on matters relating to bathing water protection policy;
– Advise the relevant implementation bodies regarding the implementation of the Bathing Water Directive in Ireland;
– Develop guidance for the implementation of the Bathing Water Directive;
– Evaluate priority actions critical to delivering Ireland’s obligations under the Bathing Water Directive; and
– to provide a national view with respect to developments relating to the Bathing Water Directive and feed this through to the EU Commission and the EU Bathing Water Expert Group.
AIE: members, agendas/minutes (2021-22)